• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Automatic Weather Station Offer

Started by Geoffw, February 01, 2011, 12:24:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

welshcol

Thanks for that Geoff will monitor outdoor battery usage and let you know.
Yes-have loaded and am using the Easy Weather software at the moment and finding my way around, slowly!!!, but I am getting there.
Can I multi use my USB port ?  :( since I only have two connections and my other one is dedicated to "Acronis" back up.

Geoffw

Yup! mine works fine with one of those 4 port USB adaptors.  I bought mine in Tesco!
Geoff

Geoffw

This morning's (Sunday) weather should be a test of your rain gauge, Colin!

Is you weather day midnight to midnight?  If so we can compare results!
Geoff

welshcol

<quote> Yup! mine works fine with one of those 4 port USB adaptors.  I bought mine in Tesco!</quote>

Thanks for that Geoff have sent of for a four port one from "a famous large river in South America"
for ?4-69p due next week so will let you know how I get on. ;)

PS How are you doing your Quotes Geoff?

welshcol

"This morning's (Sunday) weather should be a test of your rain gauge, Colin!-
Is you weather day midnight to midnight?  If so we can compare results!! " from Geoff

Here we are again!! - according to me Milford rain started at 04-00hrs this morning and as up to   13-00hrs accumulated total is 33mm of rain.
More to come by the look of it so will advise 24hr figure.
Take care :)

Geoffw

As you can see from my sig below you are well wetter than we are!
Geoff

welshcol

As an update Geoff - BBC Wales has just quoted 25mm's in 5 hours this morning for Milford Haven on their 5-30pm weather forecast .................................
and MHPA are showing 24mm's for today so far see:-  //http://www.mhpa.co.uk/content.asp?article_id=1072&d=14&directory_id=14

Are you in the rain shadow from Graham G's solar panels???  :D :D

Geoffw

I like their first "Service Update".........
QuoteService Update

01-05-11: The rainfall sensor at Pembroke Dock is giving incorrect readings during periods of rain due to the bucket being used as a birds nest.
Geoff

welshcol

Hi Geoff-my 24 hr rainfall figure for Sunday 12th June was 36mm's.

BTW I have posted a "walk" entry so would be grateful if you could work your magic on the photos!!!.  :)

Geoffw

Colin,

I've found another weather station in Saundersfoot, so we have for last Sunday:

Saundersfoot 25.5mm
Spittal  33.3mm
Milford Haven 36mm

Have you thought of putting your online?

Geoff

Geoff