Author Topic: Phew!  (Read 45 times)

Geoffw

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Phew!
« on: March 14, 2019, 06:48:56 PM »
After two hours of use at Family History Group this afternoon my Windows Laptop decided it need to install an update it had downloaded before it shut down.  When I realised the battery might be getting low and while I was getting out the power supply the laptop died on me!!!  Windows always warns you not to switch your computer off while updating, so I drove home convinced I had a computer disaster in the making.

Getting home i plugged it in, crossed my fingers and switched it on.  To my surprise and relief it just carried on and completed installing the update!  Phew!

Geoff

welshcol

• View Profile
Re: Phew!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 11:34:12 AM »
After two hours of use at Family History Group this afternoon my Windows Laptop decided it need to install an update it had downloaded before it shut down.  When I realised the battery might be getting low and while I was getting out the power supply the laptop died on me!!!  Windows always warns you not to switch your computer off while updating, so I drove home convinced I had a computer disaster in the making.

Getting home i plugged it in, crossed my fingers and switched it on.  To my surprise and relief it just carried on and completed installing the update!  Phew!

That's the sort of luck you get from leading a good, God fearing, pure life Geoff!!!  ;) :)
If it had "stuck" in mid download you may have used a few "choice" words to spoil your track record!!!  :D ;D ;)