• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Where in the World 26

Started by welshcol, March 02, 2012, 08:48:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

welshcol

This little imp looks as if he is in an urban setting but there are some lovely views around.
If you have seen him its going to be easy if not perhaps more of a challenge. ;)

Arturo

March 03, 2012, 08:06:18 am #1 Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 08:21:51 am by Arturo
We have been stunned into silence, Colin. The first (and second) clues cannot come too quickly.

Unless that water feature is one of those "Barrancos" you find in Spain.

welshcol

I thought everyone had switched off!!!. ;)

Right- Clue 1 Behind and to the East of the statue at some distance there is well known travel route zig-zagging up a steep incline.
Now come on you should get it now!!! ::)

Geoffw

I'm inclined to lean more towards the French or Italian Alps myself.
Geoff

Arturo

You've been to some odd places on your holidays Colin. Recap.  A well known(though obviously not to me) tourist route winding upwards.(How far upwards?)  Judging by the shadows are we  in equatorial regions? 

welshcol

Now the U3A rules allows only one proper clue a day suggest either concentrate on continent then country OR the "form" of the tourist route.  ;D
Now please remember there is rugby on tomorrow,  France v Ireland, so please try and clear this today!!. ;)
I have faith in you. ::)

Geoffw

Geoff

welshcol

Your right Geoff Europe - and I am sorry I should have said NOT French or Italian Alps or  Colin definitely NOT equitorial. :)

Arturo

Are we back in Spain again?

Remind me about these U3A Rules again Colin!

welshcol

Quote from: Arturo on March 03, 2012, 04:42:00 pm
Are we back in Spain again?

Remind me about these U3A Rules again Colin!

No we are not back in Spain Colin, it was far too hot for me!!!. 8)
The U3A rules are mainly to stop the contributors getting the answer too quickly!!.
I should not do this but is it "a boy playing a flute" or someone with "darker intentions" !!  ;)