• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

The Killing!

Started by Geoffw, February 20, 2011, 12:55:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoffw

February 20, 2011, 12:55:09 am Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 09:52:48 am by Geoffw
Anyone else hooked on the BBC4 series "The Killing" which has just reached the half-way point?

"It's Prime Suspect meets State Of Play via Wallander and every bit as good as that sounds. Meet Inspector Sarah Lund, star of Danish cult hit Forbrydelsen (The Killing)"

..... only another ten episodes to go and I'm emotionally exhausted  :)
Geoff

Big A

I too am hooked on The Killing! I have watched ten episodes now. I have my suspicions as to who did the foul deed, but I have never been right in the past so I expect to be surprised come the last episode.

Big A.

filmfan31

I think we should have a Poll to guess the culprit!

Geoffw

Shocking end to last night's offering.  Certainly sets the series up for an exciting finale! 

Actually I was starting to think it was going ona bit too long up until the final half and hour......
Geoff

tigger

It is certainly compelling viewing - and it is good news that another offering appears to be on the table for the autumn.  I, too, think I've got the perp. all sussed out, then by the end of the episode have to change my mind!  We'll know on Saturday, (or next Wednesday if you miss it and forget to record.)

Geoffw

I'm not sure I can take another one!!! :-\
Geoff

Geoffw

PLEASE, Please, please ...... don't let on  what happened.  We have family with us for the weekend and had to record last night's final episodes!  We will watch them tomorrow night!
Geoff

Geoffw

Well I've now viewed the final double episode, and I must confess to a certain disappointment at the outcome.

Not who did what and why, not the acting, direction or writing, which were all excellent -  but the sad realisation that all those aggravating loose ends point towards a Season 2!

I would love another self contained mystery thriller with Lund doing her bit , even ten two-hour double episodes.
Geoff

Geoffw

The American remake starts tonight on C4.

................................thanks to shorter episode lengths across the pond, and a truncated series run, this feels like Forbrydelsen on fast-forward. The masterful pace of the Danish version is jettisoned in favour of speedy exposition. Still, the vice-grip of the story remains, transposing Copenhagen for Seattle: a teenage girl has gone missing, feared dead. But where is the body? From today's Guardian.
Geoff