• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Wanted - Your Old Computer!

Started by Geoffw, April 13, 2011, 10:43:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoffw

April 13, 2011, 10:43:12 pm Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 11:51:42 am by Geoffw
Wanted your old computer!

Does anyone have an old computer gathering dust in a corner?  I?m looking for a very basic computer (I don?t need the monitor, mouse or keyboard) to sit in a corner here and run my Spittal Weather Station.  All it must have is a USB socket.  If it is not working I would still like to try to bring it to life.  If you want to take a look at my weather station output go to www.winterman.org.uk/weather .
Geoff

Geoffw

Thanks John. I've also put an appeal in the Newsletter.  But I will contact him!
Geoff

Geoffw

April 21, 2011, 01:56:57 pm #3 Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 12:00:21 am by Geoffw
Now have a replacement computer for my weather station.  Have fitted a wireless network card and away we go.  Many thanks to Colin for donating an elderly but excellent computer (and to John for putting me on to him)..... Penny seemed quite pleased to see it go (even suggesting I might like TWO!)  :)

It now has one aim in life - to sit in the corner chugging along 24/7 storing data and feeding it to my weather station website.

If you click on the link at the bottom of the weather page you can go to my weather webcam!

Also many thanks to all who rang offering me old PCs in response to my appeal. 

Geoff