3½ oz Butter
2¾ oz Caster Sugar
1 large Egg
8 oz Plain Flour
½Teaspoon Mixed Ground Spice
½Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
2 oz Currants
2 Tablespoons Milk

Use a whisk to cream together the Butter and Sugar until it is light and fluffy (using an electric whisk is easier!). Then add the Egg and whisk again.
Add the Spices and Currants and mix well.
Knead lightly on a non-stick surface and then roll out to about 1/4" thick. You can then either cut the into rounds or use an egg or bunny shaped cutter.  If you do the latter you can add currants as eyes.
Place the biscuits on a baking tray,  brush them with milk and sprinkle with the remaining Caster Sugar.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes  until golden and leave to cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a cake rack to cool completely.
They will keep in an airtight tin or container for a few days - if they last that long!.

roseymitchell

Thank you for the recipe.  I decided to make these today but the instructions do not give an oven temperature.  I cooked them for 12 minutes at 180 degrees and they seemed fine. 
Also 'remaining caster sugar' is mentioned but I'm not sure how much was meant to go into the biscuits as I had already put it all in!
I enjoyed the one I ate!

welshcol

Quote from: roseymitchell on April 04, 2021, 10:45:20 pmThank you for the recipe.  I decided to make these today but the instructions do not give an oven temperature.  I cooked them for 12 minutes at 180 degrees and they seemed fine. 
Also 'remaining caster sugar' is mentioned but I'm not sure how much was meant to go into the biscuits as I had already put it all in!
I enjoyed the one I ate!

👍👍Take care & Happy Easter Monday