Author Topic: Thunderbird issues with Windows 10  (Read 257 times)

Geoffw

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thunderbird issues with Windows 10
« on: April 27, 2018, 09:30:45 AM »
Further to our discussion at yesterday's Computer Group Meeting, perhaps you may not have seen this website Bob?

https://windowsreport.com/thunderbird-issues-windows-10/
Geoff

Maytree

• Committee
    • View Profile
Re: Thunderbird issues with Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 09:34:11 PM »
I am working my way through it, Geoff, but not had success yet. Will update you on future developments.
Thanks
Bob

Maytree

• Committee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 04:22:44 PM »
Geoff - Thank you for your suggestions for sorting Thunderbird, I worked through them and more including reinstalling Thunderbird and Windows 10 but none of them solved my problem.
I have Thunderbird installed on a desktop and a laptop, both having the same problem - that is one in three emails, approximatly, would fail to send first time, some taking three or four tries before going. Most error messages related to time out errors.
Finally I tried installing an email archiving app (MailStore Home 11.0) as recommended by Computer Active. See the attachment below.
It seems that the vast amount of emails in my various inboxes (some 34000 or so) were slowing the software causing it to time out.
I installed MailStore Home on my desktop, archived the files stored on the web server, which, as a plus the archive can easily be searched for specific emails.
Now my emails send first time on both the desktop and laptop.
Bob  :)

Geoffw

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 10:16:57 PM »
That's really good news, Bob.  I've also downloaded and installed it on my desktop.  Quite a classy looking piece of software.  I'm amazed it is free.

The only downside I can detect at the moment is that it appears you have can only read the archived data files with Mailstore. I would feel more comfortable if they could also be restored to simple text files if things went wrong.

Geoff